Thursday, January 24, 2008

Mike And Mike Roast : Dana Jacobson

Mike And Mike Roast Video: Dana Jacobson Notre Dame ESPN Suspension
by Mike Baron


ESPN anchor Dana Jacobson has been suspended for a 7 day period following the inappropriate comments she made about Notre Dame during a roast for ESPN radio hosts Mike Green and Mike Golic.
Unfortunately, we do not yet have the Dana Jacobson video, but the first drips & drabs of footage from the Mike And Mike roast has hit the web.

The roast took place January 11th in Atlantic City. Dana Jacobson stumbled to the podium with a bottle of vodka in her hand, drank a bit here and there, and then proceeded to curse and mock Notre Dame.

Jacobson is a Michigan graduate. Mike Golic attended Notre Dame.



This is how it happened:

According to reports, Dana reportedly made some offensive remarks about the school as well as the famous image known as "Touchdown Jesus" that were clumsy attempts to poke fun at Mike Golic's days at Notre Dame. She reportedly said, "F**k Touchdown Jesus!"

ESPN anchor Dana Jacobson made an absolute fool of herself, swilling vodka from a Belvedere bottle, mumbling along and cursing like a sailor as Mike & Mike rested their heads in their hands in embarrassment. [Comedian Eddie] Griffin came to the podium to defend her after she was booed by the crowd. [Comedian Jeff] Ross eventually had to pull her off stage, too.

Dana Jacobson has been suspended as a result of the inappropriate comments. Dana Jacobson issued the following apology:

"I am sorry. My remarks about Notre Dame were foolish and insensitive. I respect all religions and did not mean anything derogatory by my poorly chosen words. I also deeply regret the embarrassment I've caused ESPN and Mike and Mike. My actions at the roast were inappropriate and in no way represent who I am. I won't make excuses for my behavior, but I do hope I can be forgiven for such a poor lack of judgment."

No comments: